Monday 27 August 2012

Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara

Hi everyone :)
How are you doing? Today i'm just going to do a quick post about a new product i've been testing out. I was recently having a quick browse in my local Superdrug when I came across the new Max Factor Eye Brightening Tonal Black mascara. The product information promises to brighten your natural eye colour because the formula contains light reflecting perticles and colour beads which 'enrich eye colour.' Naturally, I was sceptical, but I thought i'd give it the benefit of the doubt (seeing as there was a nice little introductory discount...) and picked up a tube of the one for green eyes.


For me, the packaging isn't exactly amazing, but it does its job and doesn't look too bad on your dressing table.. The mascara itself looks very brown when it's on the brush, making me doubt the whole 'tonal black' claim, but when it's on your lashes it does look very dark. I was very impressed with its volumizing and lengthening effects, after only two coats my lashes looked really thick and long! The brush is also very nice and good for grabbing the smaller lashes in the inner corners of your eyes.
However, in my opinion, my eye colour did not look any different. At all. It's nice as a general mascara, but to claim that it brightens your natural eye colour is taking it a bit far, maybe? But perhaps this is just me... If any of you have tried out these mascaras too i'd love to hear what you think of them!

Thanks for reading,
Lily xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Too bad it didn't brighten the eye... Great review though! :) Let's follow each other?

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete