Thursday 15 September 2011

Maybelline EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Review

Hello!
Another review for you! 
After a recommendation from a friend of mine, I recently bought Maybelline's 'EyeStudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner.' I found this product very interesting so I thought I would write a quick review of it here.

01 'Intense Black' Gel Eyeliner RRP £7.99
The packaging, which looks pretty impressive, contains a pot of the "gel formula" eyeliner and a small brush for application. The writing on the box promises that the liner is easy to apply, has intense colour and lasts for 24hrs. Sounds good, no?

Well, in my opinion this liner is indeed very easy to apply. The brush is the perfect flat shape for making both thick and thin lines which remain sharp, this makes it very easy to create different and interesting make up looks. The gel formula itself is very smooth and light, which is a good thing application-wise, but you have to be careful when loading up the brush because it's easy to stab the gel by accident and end up with a big lump of it on the end of your brush!
The colour, as stated on the box, is quite intense, but I sometimes find that I have to put on another layer to build up the black, especially with thicker lines (this could just be for me!)
I havn't been able to test the last claim fully as I take my make up off at night (obviously) and I havn't been pulling any all-nighters recently! :) But, that being said, it does tend to stay put pretty well when I am wearing it and I do feel that it would probably easily last for 24 hours.

Overall, I really do like this product becasue it is quite versatile and, in my opinion, is quite good value for money :D


Thanks for reading!
Lily xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment